Building Permits

Building permits must be obtained from the City of Goodview.    A majority of building permits are run through the City's State Building Inspector, Construction Management Services (CMS).    The building permit forms on this website are not all that may be required when making application.


Below is a list of some of the items that need a permit (this is NOT a thorough list so please contact us if you have questions).
  • Furnace, unit heater
  • AC
  • Water heater
  • Gas fireplace
  • Gas line
  • Re-roofing
  • Siding
  • Demolition
  • Window and frame replacement
  • Plumbing
  • Adding of fence
  • Concrete/sidewalk/driveway
  • Storage shed
  • Deck
  • Garage and garage addition
  • New home
  • Additions and remodeling homes


For more information please see City Of Goodview Zoning Ordinance


Please email this permit to when you are done filling out. If your permit needs site plans make sure there are two sets.